I did it, I have FINALLY that person that works out in the morning. I will have to say that it was a little hard in the beginning and I made Henry join me in this process because I thought it would be really hard to get out of bed if one of us still got to sleep.
I have found SO many benefits, and really the only downside is that I can't sleep in and sometimes Im sleepy in the afternoon. I try to drink decaf coffee because it's not good for people with anxiety and people with high blood pressure (check and check) but I think my body is use to it now and I don't need the caffeine!
Here are the benefits I have found already!
1. It's out of the way! My nights are a lot less stressful because I don't have working out looming over my head. I found it so hard to work out at night because I'd be tired and hungry. So I'd either work out starving or bloated.
2. I drink more water. Water consumption I have really been working on and when I work out early I drink a lot more water and then that encourages me to drink more through out the day (at least more than I use to).
3. It gets my metabolism going. Enough said!
4. I make better food choices. I usually am hungry shortly after and I don't want to fill my body with junk. I also get ready for my day shortly after and pack lunch, I can tell I'm packing healthier things because bad foods sound heavy and I don't want to undo what I just did.
5. Im not over sleeping. Henry and I go to bed really early and some days I felt like we were sleeping too much making me more tired.
6. I'm sleeping better. I feel like I'm getting a lot more restful sleeps when working out.
7. I start my day without social media. I'm usually too tired at first to look at social media so I just get straight to my work out. It's SO nice to start my day without being swayed by social media.
8. I start my day positive. Getting in a routine has with working out has been hard. But with waking up early I just start my day right knowing I did something good and have already accomplished a lot when I usually was sleeping.
9. My mornings are less hurried. Since I am waking up earlier by the time I'm getting ready for work I'm not moving slow, so my morning isn't rushed at the end!
10. The gym is less crowded!
11. Nothing is scheduled during this time. There are no conflicts, I felt like I couldn't get into a routine when I was working out at night because I'd be going to trivia, have meetings or go out and there was no consistency. But since I'm usually sleeping at this time nothing gets scheduled then!
12. I don't have the chance to talk myself out of it. I try to sit up right away and since I'm tired at first I go through the motions of getting ready and there isn't a ton of time to procrastinate.
13. It's something really nice Henry and I can do together, to motivate and encourage each other.
14. I don't have to shower twice. I usually shower in the morning for work but sometimes when I would work out at night I would feel like I HAD to shower. This makes life a lot easier.
So tell me when/where do you work out and what works best for you!