A while back I wrote a post about how to save money in your 20's, which its really for any age really! But I have since found even more ways. I really love saving money guys. Some are repeats but these are my tried and true ways!
1. Digit - This is an app where it uses your bank account, studies it, and will pull money every couple days. The algorithm is meant to take money that you really wont even know has gone missing a $10 here, $5 there and it really adds up. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and have already saved $160. You can withdraw the money at any time and save a lot or a little!
2. Ebates - This is another really awesome one because you can get cash back for SO many sites and you get a check every 3 months. You can get $10 just for signing up! Its a little thing, but for big purchases, or around the holidays it racks up quickly. And you often get a gift card when you sign up!
** Here's one more way to save money. Honey, a chrome extension that will surf the web for coupons and find the one that saves you the most money. I can't tell you how much money this has saved me!
3. Ibotta - Is a way to save money for groceries where you take a picture of your receipt and the item for certain things. It can be time consuming but its an easy way to get a gift card to many places! If you sign up using that link you will get $10 right off the bat!
4. Coupons - This may sound silly but I have the Kroger app on my phone and I go through about once a week and just add a ton of coupons onto my loyalty card (so theres no printing or leaving them at home) and I save a couple dollars every trip which adds up.
5. More Grocery Trips - I know this sounds counter-intuitive but I find that often I don't eat or prepare my food in enough time if I just buy a ton once a week. Usually I buy too much, my food goes bad and I just buy food to replace it. Or I feel like Im running out of something and replace it too quickly. If I go twice a week I buy less, my food doesn't go bad as quick and I save money! Another tip is to go to the store with a list, and not hungry. If I don't go with a list Im often buying things I don't need!
6. Return Items - I know this seems silly too but I often find I buy things, feel meh about them when I get home but I don't return them. Then I am just wasting money. Girls with makeup go shopping at Ulta or Sephora they are really good about returns even if you use something a few times and it doesn't work out. This si where I have lost the most with money.
7. Wait for sales or free shipping - I love boutiques so sometimes I buy things that I need to return and not only have a paid for shipping once but now twice. Waiting on some of these items can really cut back a few dollars over time.
These are some of my favorite ways that I use on a daily basis! What are some of your favorite ways to save money?