Hi Friends! I hope you are having a great start to your week! There are some changes coming to Candidly Keri and I wanted to keep all of you informed! As well as just give some information, because knowledge is power, am I right? Also, there is a TON of information in this post. Please read all of it and answer the one question survey (there may be something in it for you).
Recently I attended my Tuesday Together meeting with my local creatives and we spoke about pricing and I came to the realization that I am not valuing my time enough and charging enough for my work. Now I know that nowadays you can get anything you really want for free on the internet.
Make no mistake, Candidly Keri will still be serving free wallpapers twice a month. But store items will be going up in price starting in June. 3-month wallpapers will be $5 and 1-month wallpaper bundles will be $3. There are several reasons for this. I thought I would list them so you know why I charge for wallpapers! First off, Henry and I are booked solid the entire summer, I wish I was kidding. Between planning a wedding, attending weddings, being in weddings, moving and family obligations, we are booked. Everything we do for the blog is in our free time, and I'm realizing how valuable our time really is. In wanting to provide free items I will have to charge for others. I also believe that here at Candidly Keri we provide quality goods, and frankly, we are worth it ;) A lot of work goes into these wallpapers and at first I low balled us to see if there was interest. Also with having a website, I have to have a host that helps with these online payments. They take a cut of everything I sell, and when they are taking about 50 cents from each purchase I'm not making much off my $1.50 wallpaper. It wasn't very business savvy.
I hope explaining all this helps to just give you a better understanding and know I'm not just trying to upcharge you! Of course, buying something off of the Candidly Keri website is the best way to support me! Or you could give $5 just to say hey I've really enjoyed the free wallpapers this past couple of years!
Other ways to support Candidly Keri - I know a lot of people may not want to buy something in the store and that's okay! There are other ways to support me that don't cost you a dime!
2. Follow me on Instagram! Showing your support there with likes and comments not only helps my business but also helps my morale! It makes it feel worth it to do all this work knowing there's someone on another computer enjoying it!
3. Share Candidly Keri wallpapers! I LOVE when you guys share your wallpapers, it helps spread the word and makes my day. Be sure to tag me!
4. Join the mailing list! You can at the bottom of the page. Youll be the first to know about wallpapers, sales, and roundups of my latest posts!
Now for some house rules:
1. I get emails all the time through either my work with me page, emails, or direct messages asking for changes to free wallpapers. If you find a wallpaper that is free on my site and you'd like to make a change to it, you can purchase this item through the site. I know that it may seem small to ask but I get a lot of these inquiries and it's not worth my time to be a personal designer for everyone for free. I hope you understand.
2. Don't email me for a custom wallpaper with a budget of $0. It shows me that you do not value my time or work and I won't respond.
3. On the same note, I've done a lot of researching and purchasing of fonts and images. I've put in hours of work to create better and better products. If you'd like or are interested in creating your own wallpapers, please do your own research.
Sorry if I sound harsh or grumpy, I have had people try to get me to make custom work for free multiple times on my time off and it's frustrating. So I'm trying to gather all this information here so we are all on the same page! It takes a ton of time and my own money to run Candidly Keri and I see all you downloading your wallpapers for free.
Would you guys be interested if I signed up for patreon and there were exclusive wallpapers on there? It would be like a monthly subscription that you would pay for and there would be calendar wallpapers and designs! The wallpapers made for patreon would only be available to monthly subscribers. Fill out this survey and you will get a coupon code to the store!
LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!
Thank you to everyone, who have liked, shared or downloaded a wallpaper from me. When I started this small blog I was a lost post-grad. Making this site has made me grow in ways I could have never imaged and taught me so much. I love the Candidly Keri community we have started. Thank you SO much for your support.